Cloud computing job opportunities are on the rise continuously. Companies are investing in cloud-based architecture in a big way, and they need skilled IT professionals to manage their cloud computing systems. If you have mastered the technical skills required to become a cloud computing expert, there are opportunities galore with the best companies in the IT industry.
So, listed below are the most promising career paths in cloud computing for candidates with the technical and leadership skills in handling cloud-based models.
A cloud engineer manages the technical processes involved in an advanced cloud-based system. These processes are technologically complex tasks associated with designing, maintaining, planning, and monitoring businesses’ IT infrastructures.
A skilled cloud engineer must be fully acquainted with systems such as Python, PHP, .NET, SQL, and general N/W (Network) Management Functions. They must also have a comprehensive understanding of virtual networks. Other skills needed are:
- Working with cross-functional team members
- Provide application support for efficient budgeting and forecasting of projects
- Cloud migration process and others.
Moreover, a cloud engineer helps integrate all the server-based technologies of an organization and deploy their products and services to customers smoothly.
You can apply for the position of cloud architect with your cloud computing qualification and skills. As a cloud architect, you will be responsible for creating a cloud-based strategy that includes designs and plans for the cloud system of your enterprise. Also, you need knowledge in moving your organization’s business processes to the cloud platform. You must also have a deep understanding of
- DNS or Domain Name System
- TCP and IP protocols
As a cloud architect, you will also negotiate third-party contracts and communicate with vendors providing hardware and cloud technologies. You will also collaborate with IT security to monitor privacy and mitigate incidents.
A cloud consultant’s job is a highly responsible one. You must be able to conduct technical research that justifies implementing cloud management plans. You also are expected to provide suggestions about the cloud services and architecture an organization should use for their requirements.
As a cloud consultant, you must have an in-depth knowledge of:
- One or multiple OS such as Windows, Linux, Ubuntu, Fedora
- Outstanding customer service skills
You must also be proficient in the area of networking protocols, emerging technologies, and communication to be able to deliver consistently amazing results for your clients.
DevOps Cloud Engineer
Another cloud computing job involves a relatively new technology. DevOps Cloud is a rapidly developing technology and is increasingly used by enterprises in the cloud domain. If you are a cloud computing expert, you are better placed to become a DevOps cloud engineer. You will be responsible for integrating cloud-based solutions to achieve efficient performances from the organization’s cloud-based projects.
A DevOps Cloud Engineer must
- Excel in cloud technologies
- Be proficient in any programming language like Python, Java, Ruby, Java, or Pearl. Collaborate with the R & D team to create automated solutions for the organization.
Your responsibilities will also include monitoring user feedback and responses and improvising the product to meet user expectations.
Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
A cloud infrastructure engineer must know how to develop and secure a robust cloud-based infrastructure for smooth operation and performance. Likewise, infrastructure engineers and hardware engineers work together to develop the cloud infrastructure of a business.
So, an efficient infrastructure engineer must be:
- Proficient in Python, Go, Linux, SLAs (Service Level Agreements)/SLOs (Service Level Objectives),
- Capable of handling high-transactional IP Routing protocols.
- Able to execute the best course of action in accordance with the needs of a business
Cloud Security Engineer
As a cloud security engineer, you must be ready to offer solutions for better workload management on cloud-based systems while also taking into account the security aspects. Your responsibilities include developing cloud-based programs that can be easily installed, operated, and maintained. They must also be designed for an easy upgrade on the available cloud computing environments.
Cloud security engineers must be adept at:
- Developing and performing threat simulations and penetration tests
- Implementing measures that can negate the impact of any security threat
- Using technology such as multi-factor authentication, data encryption, and cryptography.
- Offering security suggestions while perceiving potential incidents.
There are innumerable opportunities available on the job marketplace for data engineers. Likewise, data engineers take care of the enormous volumes of data an organization receives from many resources. As a data engineer, you must know how to:
- Implement data acquisition approaches like transforming, sharing, and purchasing data
- Build data lakes by drawing data from multiple data sources
- Perform auditing and data governance tasks efficiently
- Improve the efficiency, quality, and reliability of data
Data engineers have a key role to play in analyzing data. Likewise, they must have relevant experience handling programming languages and tools needed for functional and detailed technical design support.
Cloud computing expertise is in high demand in the tech industry. With businesses demanding more agility and flexibility from their IT infrastructure, there will be a massive surge in demand for cloud-based solutions and cloud computing jobs. So, those looking to build a career in cloud computing can explore the various options available regarding degrees, diplomas, and courses in this domain.