Facts and FiguresBy Pierre Colin Print
Romancing the Clone: How Avaya overcame major challenges untangling data from its Nortel acquisition.
• 10 month project duration (Aug 2010 - May 2011)
• 2,254 tasks executed by 228 resources from 11 companies around the globe in less than 96 hours during the cut-over process
• 9,479 modifications made to the cut-over plan before baselining
• 47 applications migrated
• Complete ‘interim’ data center built and dismantled
• 178 Servers installed and configured
• 4 enterprise-class storage arrays deployed
• Thousands of lines of codes developed for ‘one-time use only’ cleansing code
• 30TB of data migrated 4 times through the entire process
• Several hundred firewall rules implemented
• 30+ Extranets (ENCs) created with 3rd parties
• Hundreds of application interfaces re-configured
• 200+ test cases executed
• 445 helpdesk scripts created
• 35 IT self-service online transactions developed
• On boarded a new outsourcer
IT Solutions Builder TOP IT RESOURCES TO MOVE YOUR BUSINESS FORWARD
Which topic are you interested in?
What is your company size?
What is your job title?
What is your job function?
Searching our resource database to find your matches...