Top Security Stories: What You Need to Know
Baseline's 5-Step Security Survival Guide
How to develop and manage a world-class security infrastructure—and justify the investment to your bosses.
- No. 1: Detect the Initial Attack
- No. 2: Track Down the Source
- No. 3: Enact an Incident Response Plan
- No. 4. Deal with the Bosses
- No. 5: Learn from Experience
3 Key Computer Security Tools You Should Be Using Today
While the concepts underlying them aren't new, these technologies have now matured past the interesting-but-impractical stage.
- 1. Security Information Management
- 2. End-Point Security
- 3. Intrusion Prevention Systems
Veterans' Data Swiped: What You Can Learn
Security experts offer two key lessons for corporate security managers from one of the largest thefts of personal data ever reported.
Case Study: Bank of America Battles Fraud
Read about how the bank required 19 million online customers to move to a new log-in system.
Case Study: Unilever Builds Mobile Security From Scratch
The consumer goods company needed to create policies for 1,000 handheld devices used by executives worldwide.
- Matthew M. Speare, M&T Bank's corporate information security officer
- Bruce Schneier, Counterpane Internet Security's founder
- Bruce Forman, Genesis HealthCare's information security director
Gary McGraw, Cigital's chief technology officer
- Scott K. Davis, T. Rowe Price Investment Technologies' network security manager