Aligning Your Mobile Management StrategyBy Samuel Greengard | Posted 2009-10-26 Email Print
Know the Risk: Digital Transformation's Impact on Your Business-Critical Applications REGISTER >
A mobility expert says IT managers must focus on security, technology and business processes to ensure a solid mobile strategy.
Effective mobile device management means tackling a number of challenges. According to Christopher Isaac, a partner at PricewaterhouseCoopers Advisory Practice, an organization should focus on several key areas:
• A mobility strategy that’s in line with overall company or IT objectives
• Executive support to avoid unrealized benefits, cost overruns and poor decision making
• A consistent framework for evaluating, monitoring and measuring performance of mobility solutions
Policy and Governance
• Avoiding security, privacy or regulatory violations due to the lack of a defined mobility policy and governance structure
• Steering clear of excess expenditures due to a focus on individual segmented solutions
• Adoption of sound management practices to boost the odds of a successful rollout and spur the adoption of new mobile solutions
• A focus on core business processes rather than the available technology
• The creation of new business models, operational effectiveness and an enhanced user experience
• A sound project management approach that reduces—if not eliminates—deployment delays and cost overruns and improves return on benefits.