DPI Scrambles After Credit-Card TheftBy Larry Dignan Print
"Security by obscurity" didn't work for one credit card processor: An "unauthorized outside party" ran off with credit card data anyway.
What You Should Do">
- Think ahead. Establish clear policies in case of an intrusion and create an emergency response team.
- Find your footprint. Create a clear map of your hardware, software and files so you know what your network looks like in a normal state. It will help you see what changed in the event of a hack.
- Contact allies. Touch base with law enforcement before an emergency as well as immediately after a hack.
- Contain the damage. If hit, disconnect the compromised system from the network.
- Rebuild, rearchitect. As you work through recovery, consider a different architecture to prevent future attacks.
IT Solutions Builder TOP IT RESOURCES TO MOVE YOUR BUSINESS FORWARD
Which topic are you interested in?
What is your company size?
What is your job title?
What is your job function?
Searching our resource database to find your matches...