What You Should KnowBy Baselinemag | Posted 2002-03-15 Print
Manufacturers and distributors still can't trace how an edible product gets from farm to store. Now, they must safeguard each step of the way.
Protecting a Product Chain
- Document each step in the lifecycle of your product (raw materials to finished goods)
- Appoint a C-level executive ("chief product officer") to oversee all steps of production
- Refocus on quality of product delivery, not just speed, quantity and cost
- Minimize the number of different processes, to make it easier to track all steps
- Eliminate gaps in traceability by interconnecting all your information systems
- Bring in an independent specialist to help evaluate your processes and procedures
- Make product safety and compliance an executive-level priority
Source: AMR Research
IT Solutions Builder TOP IT RESOURCES TO MOVE YOUR BUSINESS FORWARD
Which topic are you interested in?
What is your company size?
What is your job title?
What is your job function?
Searching our resource database to find your matches...