What You Should DoBy Baselinemag | Posted 2002-04-05 Email Print
WEBINAR: On-demand webcast
Next-Generation Applications Require the Power and Performance of Next-Generation Workstations REGISTER >
When it comes to choosing a platform for software development, most corporate customers develop habits that are hard to break.
Java Versus .NET
Choosing a development platform? Ask yourself:
- What languages and tools are your developers most comfortable and familiar with, and so will require less training?
- What kinds of tools does the platform provide to make deployment and maintenance easier?
- Are all of the elements you need to use in writing your application currently shipping?
- Do you truly need to write apps or services that run on computers other than Windows machines?
- Do you need and plan to use a variety of tools and middleware from different vendors?