What You Should DoBy Larry Barrett | Posted 2002-05-13 Email Print
Online exclusive: Chief information officers come and goespecially when a company is in crisis. CIOs discuss the paths they chose after taking the reins.
First Aid Tips for Incoming CIOs
Tips for CIOs turning around troubled companies:
- Stick to the basics. Make sure every decision is strictly in line with the company's business objectives
- Communicate realistic expectations, costs and deadlines in order to maintain stability through the crisis
- Get creative. Look for every available side benefit of the technology you already have
- Hire or retain technology staff who have the ability to manage and effect change
- Renegotiate licensing and maintenance terms with vendors
- Plan for the present, first. Deal with the here and now until you reach a point where tomorrow can be discussed
- Consolidate as many technology services as possible.
- Get your applications under control. Set specific standards and stick to them so that you can eliminate unnecessary applications
IT Solutions Builder TOP IT RESOURCES TO MOVE YOUR BUSINESS FORWARD
Which topic are you interested in?
What is your company size?
What is your job title?
What is your job function?
Searching our resource database to find your matches...