What You Should DoBy Larry Barrett | Posted 2002-05-13 Email Print
Re-Thinking HR: What Every CIO Needs to Know About Tomorrow's Workforce
Online exclusive: Chief information officers come and goespecially when a company is in crisis. CIOs discuss the paths they chose after taking the reins.
First Aid Tips for Incoming CIOs
Tips for CIOs turning around troubled companies:
- Stick to the basics. Make sure every decision is strictly in line with the company's business objectives
- Communicate realistic expectations, costs and deadlines in order to maintain stability through the crisis
- Get creative. Look for every available side benefit of the technology you already have
- Hire or retain technology staff who have the ability to manage and effect change
- Renegotiate licensing and maintenance terms with vendors
- Plan for the present, first. Deal with the here and now until you reach a point where tomorrow can be discussed
- Consolidate as many technology services as possible.
- Get your applications under control. Set specific standards and stick to them so that you can eliminate unnecessary applications