How to Capitalize on HP/Compaq MergerBy Kim S._Nash | Posted 2002-05-14 Email Print
HP has to prove the worth of its purchase of Compaq. That means there's no better time for customers to drive a hard bargain.
What You Should Do">
Negotiating with the New HP
Some ways to keep the new HP on its toes:
- Shop for a detailed proposal from an HP rival
- Display rival companies' logowear in your offices
- Install and test another company's server in your data center
- Reassess current project deliverables. Make sure you are getting what you need from HP
- Let a tough purchasing manager demand better terms from HP. Keep the tech team out of the way
- Penalize—and reward—fairly for meeting milestones
IT Solutions Builder TOP IT RESOURCES TO MOVE YOUR BUSINESS FORWARD
Which topic are you interested in?
What is your company size?
What is your job title?
What is your job function?
Searching our resource database to find your matches...