How to Be FrugalBy Larry Dignan | Posted 2003-04-01 Email Print
Re-Thinking HR: What Every CIO Needs to Know About Tomorrow's Workforce
Take a lesson on controlling costs from ATA, which means more than eliminating free peanuts.
How to Be Frugal
- Be Modest. Start with small budgets for new projects and stick to them.
- Be Creative. Consider alternative financing and buying arrangements to stay on track.
- Self Serve. Centralize support and keep things simple to cut administrative costs.
- Standardize. Pick a platform. Consolidate hardware and software on it.
- Maximize. Use existing infrastructure before investing in new hardware or software.