REFERENCEBy David F. Carr | Posted 2003-08-13 Print
"Corporate Performance Management"—how new can that be? Isn't that the basic charter of C-level executives? Yes, but now technology can help streamline the process.: Performance Improvement Cycle">
- Forecast Market to grow 2%; competitors likely to cut prices.
- Goal Grow market share by 5% without hurting profits or quality.
- Budget Reduced by 5% to enable competitive price cuts.
- Tactics Cut manufacturing costs by 9%.
- Metrics Market share, operating costs, manufacturing costs.
- Goal Reduce costs at factories.
- Programs Overtime Restriction; Early Quality-Assessment.
- Metrics Overtime at each factory, defect rate, cost per unit.
- Status Market share not growing due to slow growth of overall market.
- Outcome Overtime reduction beat plan in first quarter, but defect rate rose and customer satisfaction dipped.
- Revised Forecast Market to grow 1%.
- Goal Same-grow market share 5% without affecting profits or quality.
- Strategy Balance cost-cutting against quality, customer satisfaction.
- Tactics End restriction on overtime; allow more if necessary to restore product quality; put emphasis on reducing cost of materials.
IT Solutions Builder TOP IT RESOURCES TO MOVE YOUR BUSINESS FORWARD
Which topic are you interested in?
What is your company size?
What is your job title?
What is your job function?
Searching our resource database to find your matches...