Behind Oil Profits: A Look At ExxonMobil's Technology AlignmentBy Baselinemag | Posted 2006-02-05 Email Print
Rocketing oil prices are driving the nation's big oil companies to record profits, but even among this powerful group, one stands out: ExxonMobil. Not only does it invest heavily in technology that give it an edge in finding oil and gas, it keeps that spe
Rocketing oil prices are driving the nation's big oil companies to record profits, but even among this powerful group, one stands out: ExxonMobil.
No company seems clearer about itself and its mission. Exxon uses its financial might to invest heavily in applications that give it an edge in finding increasingly harder-to-reach oil and gas deposits.
At the same time, it also ensures its technology is tightly aligned with its two primary goals: finding more oil and gas, and generating more profits from operations.
Here's the story of how this well-oiled machine consistently outperforms its peers.
- Big Oil's Big Challenge
- R&D Like Launching a 'Moon Shot' Every Decade
- Exxon's Balanced Methodology
- Virtual Drilling: Exxon's Technology Edge
- Business Intelligence Guides Exploitation of Oil Resources
- Oil in the DNA: The Exxon Culture
- ExxonMobil Base Case
- The Technology of Oil Exploration
- How Big Oil Uses XML
- Roadblock: Getting Oil Business Managers on Board
- Gotcha: Don't Let Grid Computing Trip You
IT Solutions Builder TOP IT RESOURCES TO MOVE YOUR BUSINESS FORWARD
Which topic are you interested in?
What is your company size?
What is your job title?
What is your job function?
Searching our resource database to find your matches...