OuchBy Darrell Dunn | Posted 2007-10-30 Email Print
Major acquisitions and increased deployments are pushying bsiness intelligence to the forefront of IT strategy. Here's a look at what works—and what hurdles remain.! BI's Varied Pain Points">
Research reveals pain points for business intelligence managers. CIO Insight's October survey on BI revealed a number of obstacles in deploying BI tools. A snapshot of what respondents using BI identify as their biggest pain points:
- 64% say integration and interoperability with other systems such as CRM and ERP pose a problem.
- 57% say poor data quality significantly diminishes the value of their BI initiatives.
- 67% say spreadsheets are still their most widely used BI tool.
- 58% say most users misunderstand or ignore data produced by BI tools because they don't know how to analyze it.
- 61% say they don't have a center of excellence.
IT Solutions Builder TOP IT RESOURCES TO MOVE YOUR BUSINESS FORWARD
Which topic are you interested in?
What is your company size?
What is your job title?
What is your job function?
Searching our resource database to find your matches...