OuchBy Darrell Dunn | Posted 2007-10-30 Email Print
Re-Thinking HR: What Every CIO Needs to Know About Tomorrow's Workforce
Major acquisitions and increased deployments are pushying bsiness intelligence to the forefront of IT strategy. Here's a look at what works—and what hurdles remain.! BI's Varied Pain Points">
Research reveals pain points for business intelligence managers. CIO Insight's October survey on BI revealed a number of obstacles in deploying BI tools. A snapshot of what respondents using BI identify as their biggest pain points:
- 64% say integration and interoperability with other systems such as CRM and ERP pose a problem.
- 57% say poor data quality significantly diminishes the value of their BI initiatives.
- 67% say spreadsheets are still their most widely used BI tool.
- 58% say most users misunderstand or ignore data produced by BI tools because they don't know how to analyze it.
- 61% say they don't have a center of excellence.