Top Security Stories: What You Need to KnowBy Baselinemag | Posted 2006-05-26 Email Print
Don't let a security lapse put your company in tomorrow's headlines. Here's a collection of the month's most-read Baseline articles that provide best practices and case studies on managing information security.
Baseline's 5-Step Security Survival Guide
How to develop and manage a world-class security infrastructure—and justify the investment to your bosses.
- No. 1: Detect the Initial Attack
- No. 2: Track Down the Source
- No. 3: Enact an Incident Response Plan
- No. 4. Deal with the Bosses
- No. 5: Learn from Experience
3 Key Computer Security Tools You Should Be Using Today
While the concepts underlying them aren't new, these technologies have now matured past the interesting-but-impractical stage.
- 1. Security Information Management
- 2. End-Point Security
- 3. Intrusion Prevention Systems
Veterans' Data Swiped: What You Can Learn
Security experts offer two key lessons for corporate security managers from one of the largest thefts of personal data ever reported.
Case Study: Bank of America Battles Fraud
Read about how the bank required 19 million online customers to move to a new log-in system.
Case Study: Unilever Builds Mobile Security From Scratch
The consumer goods company needed to create policies for 1,000 handheld devices used by executives worldwide.
- Matthew M. Speare, M&T Bank's corporate information security officer
- Bruce Schneier, Counterpane Internet Security's founder
- Bruce Forman, Genesis HealthCare's information security director
Gary McGraw, Cigital's chief technology officer
- Scott K. Davis, T. Rowe Price Investment Technologies' network security manager
IT Solutions Builder TOP IT RESOURCES TO MOVE YOUR BUSINESS FORWARD
Which topic are you interested in?
What is your company size?
What is your job title?
What is your job function?
Searching our resource database to find your matches...