10 Best Practices inBy Baselinemag | Posted 2007-08-03 Email Print
Re-Thinking HR: What Every CIO Needs to Know About Tomorrow's Workforce
At too many companies, technology managers aren't on the same wavelength with the top business executives. Here are 10 ideas for improving that dynamic.Detail: A Fuller View">
Below is a list of the strategies followed by the most sophisticated technology departments. To learn more about each strategy, click on
the link. 1. Emphasize the Governance Function
2. Establish an I.T. Steering Committee
3. Know How (And When) To Do a Business Case
4. Measure the Right Things
5. Create a Shared Pool of Bonus Money
6. Install a High-Level I.T. Liaison in Every Business Unit
7. Distribute a List of Ongoing Projects—To the Business as Well as I.T.
8. Network (in a Non-Technical Way)
9. Create Multi-Disciplinary Teams for High-Priority Projects
10.Think Beyond Mere "Alignment"