Base Case: Las Vegas CasinoBy Baselinemag | Posted 2004-04-04 Email Print
Re-Thinking HR: What Every CIO Needs to Know About Tomorrow's Workforce
Headquarters: The Strip, Las Vegas Boulevard South, Las Vegas, NV
Financials: $131 million net income on revenue of $2.9 billion in 2003.
Mission: Prevent and deter acts of crime and terror in and around casinos and hotels. Respond to all threats and hazards. Admit lawful bettors and visitors. Promote legal gaming.
- Protect the lives of 71,000 daily hotel and casino visitors.
- Defend casino property, which covers 74 acres of real estate, 115,000 square feet of gambling area, and 3,782 guest rooms.
- Facilitate lawful betting, which generates a daily average profit of $593,000.
- Tie 5,500 employees into an around-the-clock information-sharing network.
* All numbers represent an average of the operations of the six largest publicly held casinos on the Las Vegas Strip