What You Should DoBy Larry Barrett | Posted 2002-07-02 Email Print
Expenditures of public companies are getting closer scrutiny. When will there be accounting for information technology?
Accounting for IT Spending
How to know when to say "when" to adding more servers:
- Think it through. Determine what the final information is that you want to track and then work backwards from that
- Identify "soft costs.'' Find the cracks where unexpected expenses will materialize and determine which department will be responsible for those costs
- Communicate, communicate. Make sure all employees know what data needs to be gathered and reported
- Do due diligence. Review how your current systems account for costs
- Review contracts. Examine agreements with suppliers and consultants to make sure all costs are reported fully and regularly
IT Solutions Builder TOP IT RESOURCES TO MOVE YOUR BUSINESS FORWARD
Which topic are you interested in?
What is your company size?
What is your job title?
What is your job function?
Searching our resource database to find your matches...