Five Ways to Put Mobility to WorkBy Samuel Greengard | Posted 2011-01-28 Email Print
Know the Risk: Digital Transformation's Impact on Your Business-Critical Applications REGISTER >
Manage the data, not the devices. See Also: Managing Mobility in the Enterprise and Mobile Means Business
1. Rather than looking to control the devices employees use, find ways to manage and control the data.
2. Consolidate mobile management and put it under the scrutiny and control of IT.
3. Develop an enterprisewide security policy and a security governance roadmap that extends to mobile technology, says Dan Shey, enterprise practice director at ABI Research.
4. Turn to an enterprise mobility management solution to address mobility issues, including provisioning, performance, operations and support, security, expense management and decommissioning.
5. Use authentication, encryption, VPNs, digital rights management and endpoint tools to protect data. A device is only as secure as the data that resides on it.