Aligning Your Mobile Management StrategyBy Samuel Greengard | Posted 2009-10-26 Email Print
A mobility expert says IT managers must focus on security, technology and business processes to ensure a solid mobile strategy.
Effective mobile device management means tackling a number of challenges. According to Christopher Isaac, a partner at PricewaterhouseCoopers Advisory Practice, an organization should focus on several key areas:
• A mobility strategy that’s in line with overall company or IT objectives
• Executive support to avoid unrealized benefits, cost overruns and poor decision making
• A consistent framework for evaluating, monitoring and measuring performance of mobility solutions
Policy and Governance
• Avoiding security, privacy or regulatory violations due to the lack of a defined mobility policy and governance structure
• Steering clear of excess expenditures due to a focus on individual segmented solutions
• Adoption of sound management practices to boost the odds of a successful rollout and spur the adoption of new mobile solutions
• A focus on core business processes rather than the available technology
• The creation of new business models, operational effectiveness and an enhanced user experience
• A sound project management approach that reduces—if not eliminates—deployment delays and cost overruns and improves return on benefits.
IT Solutions Builder TOP IT RESOURCES TO MOVE YOUR BUSINESS FORWARD
Which topic are you interested in?
What is your company size?
What is your job title?
What is your job function?
Searching our resource database to find your matches...