Fitting the IT BillBy Samuel Greengard | Posted 2009-02-27 Print
Five ways to reduce energy costs.
Here are five ways to trim energy costs:
• Use energy auditing tools. Understand how systems are drawing power and how configuration changes can benefit your organization.
• Optimize systems. Ensure that servers and PCs are operating efficiently, and that they’re switched off when not needed.
• Cool the data center efficiently. Many data centers are overcooled, and others wind up with hot and cold pockets in the wrong places. Invest in equipment that can maintain the correct temperature.
• Develop a retirement strategy. Understand the life cycle of equipment and when new systems make sense—and save energy dollars.
• Embrace sustainability. Consider using solar, wind, rainwater capture and other methods to reduce costs and also provide power in the event of a service interruption or a disaster.
IT Solutions Builder TOP IT RESOURCES TO MOVE YOUR BUSINESS FORWARD
Which topic are you interested in?
What is your company size?
What is your job title?
What is your job function?
Searching our resource database to find your matches...