Bank of New York's Suresh Kumar: 5 ITIL TipsBy Anna Maria Virzi Print
Suresh Kumar, chief information officer of the Bank of New York's Pershing subsidiary, outlines five tips for adopting the Information Technology Infrastructure Library. The bank is using ITIL to implement measures to improve problem, incident and change
What are your top tips for an organization implementing the Information Technology Infrastructure Library?
1. Make sure you have support of senior technology and business executives.
2. Assemble a team of subject matter experts to help you define processes and establish ways to measure them uniformly across your organization. Start with those processes in need of most remediation.
3. Use automated tools, such as a help-desk application, to collect metrics to analyze and act upon.
4. Your processes do not have to be perfect when you start implementing ITIL. Our philosophy is one of continuous process improvement. It takes time to create a culture of managing by measurement, but it is time well worth spending.
5. Do not expect instantaneous results. It takes time to build the historical data needed to see trends.
IT Solutions Builder TOP IT RESOURCES TO MOVE YOUR BUSINESS FORWARD
Which topic are you interested in?
What is your company size?
What is your job title?
What is your job function?
Searching our resource database to find your matches...