Supporting Our User CommunityBy Robert J. Scanlon | Posted 2009-01-26 Email Print
Know the Risk: Digital Transformation's Impact on Your Business-Critical Applications REGISTER >
The Transportation Security Administration’s business intelligence system provides a powerful application to capture, manage and analyze large volumes of data across multiple databases for thousands of users.
Supporting Our User Community
Our PIMS team within the TSA’s Operational Process & Performance Metrics Group is dedicated to ensuring that the system is responsive to user needs and is easily understood. To achieve that goal, we implemented the following mechanisms to provide comprehensive, effective user support:
• A help desk that fields questions via e-mail and phone, Monday through Friday. A 24/7 help desk is available to support requests for new passwords.
• Recurring and ad hoc training that helps ensure optimum adoption of PIMS and system success.
• Biweekly conference calls with as many as 150 airport participants. The calls include a briefing on a specific topic, as well as an open forum for users’ questions, comments and concerns. We might include a guest speaker to share information on best practices or a new report.
• Online user support materials.
• A monthly power-user group forum to assess the maturity of the users and discuss how they can push the envelope to improve the system even further.