25 Best Ways to Find IT Savings: 11 to 20By Chris Gonsalves | Posted 2008-04-08 Email Print
Re-Thinking HR: What Every CIO Needs to Know About Tomorrow's Workforce
Gartner says IT ‘industrialization’ is an opportunity to reduce IT costs and curtail wasteful spending.
11) Introduce competition for existing products.
12) Use best–for-need rather than best-of-breed products.
13) Use telecom expense management services (save up to 35 percent).
14) Reduce cellular costs by moving to corporate liability and creating and enforcing policies for mobile users (save up to 30 percent).
15) Reduce WAN costs by lowering the reliability target for one of your sites by one “9” (save 30 percent).
16) Combine rich-media conferencing into one premises-based multi-control-point unit (save 60 percent).
17) Deploy IP telephony and VoIP (save 50 percent to 80 percent on maintenance).
18) Reduce access charges by using the Internet as corporate transport (save up to 80 percent).
19) Defer 2008 Windows XP PC replacements to 2009.
20) Exploit commoditization.