Rules for WomenBy Claire Meirowitz | Posted 2009-03-24 Email Print
Your appearance can make a difference in your career.
Here are some tips to help women look and feel professional:
1. Resist the temptation to ditch your pantyhose, even if your company’s dress code doesn’t require them. Bare legs definitely don’t convey a professional look.
2. Regular sandals and open-toed shoes—worn with toeless stockings—are usually acceptable, but flip-flops, toe-post sandals and the like are not.
3. Tall and lean? Choose horizontal patterns in your jackets. A windowpane or glen-plaid jacket with a solid trouser or skirt will break up the vertical line and make you appear shorter.
4. Full-figured? Then consider a side-zipped trouser with a wide straight leg that skims over your body. Choose a jacket cut to just below your waist, to make your legs look longer than your torso.
5. Petite? A cropped jacket can make your legs appear longer.
IT Solutions Builder TOP IT RESOURCES TO MOVE YOUR BUSINESS FORWARD
Which topic are you interested in?
What is your company size?
What is your job title?
What is your job function?
Searching our resource database to find your matches...