What You Should DoBy Larry Barrett Print
After two humiliating technology failures, six major news services are disbanding VNS, a consortium formed to count votes and conduct Election Day surveys. How could the system have been overhauled before disaster struck twice?
Launching on a Deadline
- Test early: Stress-test your system at least six months before launch
- Test heavy: Put it through at least 10 times as much activity as you really expect
- Trick yourself: Establish a deadline at least two months in advance of the "real" deadline and make all project managers and vendors comply
- Name one chief: Regardless how many partners, consultants and vendors are involved, give one person ultimate decision-making power
- Don't reinvent the wheel: Make good use of existing personnel and technology, where possible
IT Solutions Builder TOP IT RESOURCES TO MOVE YOUR BUSINESS FORWARD
Which topic are you interested in?
What is your company size?
What is your job title?
What is your job function?
Searching our resource database to find your matches...