What You Should DoBy Larry Barrett | Posted 2002-08-02 Print
Worried about your ISP in the wake of the telco tidal wave? Get a backup plan in place now.
Backing Up Internet Service
- Think budget. Once you've committed to the idea of backup service, determine your financial constraints
- Find a backup. Go to a second ISP and establish a burstable, fractional, or frame-relay connection
- Question the connection. Decide whether or not to connect your backup wire into your system
- Prepare for change. If you don't connect it, establish a pre-arrangement with your DNS provider to change your address quickly at your request
- Check your routers. If you do connect it, you may need to upgrade your router
- Allow time. Count on spending a few weeks getting the requisite new status, names and numbers to become multi-homed
IT Solutions Builder TOP IT RESOURCES TO MOVE YOUR BUSINESS FORWARD
Which topic are you interested in?
What is your company size?
What is your job title?
What is your job function?
Searching our resource database to find your matches...